Notice for Falls Creek Operators
FCRM and Alpine Health have established a coronavirus (COVID19) Testing Clinic at the Reservation Centre in the Gully Building. This is next to the Falls Creek Medical Centre at the bottom of the Gully Chair.
The coronavirus (COVID19) Testing Clinic is to ensure that we can test anyone in the resort for the coronavirus (COVID19) disease. However, there are strict protocols to access this service. Referral to the coronavirus (COVID19) Testing Clinic will be through the Falls Creek Medical Centre. The coronavirus (COVID19) Testing Clinic is not a walk-up facility. You must be referred by the Falls Creek Medical Centre.
FCRM will work with all employers to ensure that all staff and guests staying at Falls Creek follow the appropriate protocols for coronavirus (COVID19) testing.
All staff or guest must call the Falls Creek Medical Centre immediately if they have any of the following symptoms:
- Sore throat
- Runny nose
- Chills or sweats
- Shortness of breath
- Loss of sense of smell
- Headache, muscle soreness, stuffy nose, nausea, vomiting and diarrhoea may also be considered
Call the Falls Creek Medical Centre 5758 3238 for an appointment.
The general principles for managing staff are that:
• Staff should self-monitor for symptoms at home
• Staff should not attend work if they have any symptoms of coronavirus (COVID19), and they should seek testing
• Staff should leave the workplace if they develop symptoms of coronavirus (COVID19) at work, and should seek testing.
Once a staff member or member of the public has been tested, they must be isolated while waiting for the result of the test. This will likely be for a period of about 48hrs. If they can return home during the isolation period, then they should. However, if they cannot return home, then isolation must be found in Falls Creek.
The following protocols must be followed for this isolation period:
Visitors should consider returning home.
1. Visitors staying in self-contained accommodation* can self-isolate in that space so long as 1.5m physical distancing can be maintained (including while asleep).
2. Visitors staying in accommodation where their sleeping space or amenities (for example, bathroom, kitchen, living area) are shared with others, should make provisions to self-isolate elsewhere. This may include booking self-contained accommodation.
3. Where visitors cannot reasonably return home (for example because their home is interstate) and cannot book alternative accommodation, RMBs will endeavour to assist these visitors. This might include supporting the visitor to book alternative self-contained accommodation.
1. Staff who are living in self-contained accommodation* can self-isolate in that space so long as 1.5m physical distancing can be maintained (including while asleep).
2. Staff who are staying in dormitory-style accommodation where their sleeping space or amenities (for example, bathroom, kitchen, living area) are shared with others will need to isolate in self-contained accommodation. all employers must use best endeavours to locate or provide suitable isolation accommodation for employees waiting for the result of a test. FCRM can support employers to locate this if they cannot.
*Self-contained accommodation is defined: where the only people you share a bedroom, bathroom, kitchen or living area with are those you ordinarily live with (such as your family), or your partner.
For both groups
If individuals need to receive assistance due their age, disability or a chronic health condition then a service provider, carer, or family member can visit or stay if required to provide them with assistance.
Those who are sharing a room with a person awaiting a coronavirus COVID-19 test are not required to self-isolate provided they do not have symptoms.
Quarantine for staff and visitors who test coronavirus COVID-19 positive
People who test positive for coronavirus COVID-19 will need to quarantine. DHHS will assist those who cannot quarantine on a case-by-case basis.
Always remember when working, skiing or socialising at Falls Creek:
• Wash your hands
• Keep your distance (1.5 metres)
• Stay home if you are feeling unwell
Falls Creek Resort Management
Contact: Ben Derrick 5758 1200
FEELING UNWELL POSTER
DOWNLOAD THE FEELING UNWELL POSTER HERE to display throughout your venue