On Sunday 2nd of August, the Victorian Premier declared a State of Disaster for Victoria. This declaration is not new to residents of Falls Creek after bushfires threatened the Alpine Resorts and surrounding regions in January this year.
Further to this announcement, Falls Creek Resort Management (FCRM) have now been advised by the Victorian Government that National Parks and the Alpine Resorts within are to close for the duration of the stage 3 ‘Stay at Home’ restrictions for regional Victoria. This closure begun at 11.59pm last night.
We would like to advise members of the Falls Creek community, that Stage 3 ‘Stay at Home’ restrictions are applicable to anyone staying within the resort:
The below operational changes will take effect within Falls Creek resort effective immediately;
- Those living in the village before the lockdown restrictions were implemented may remain for the duration of the restrictions
- Mountain staff who no longer have employment may continue to live in the village
- Any guests currently holidaying must return to their primary place of residence
Anyone remaining in the resort must register via the button below. This is to comply with DHHS regulations as well as the resort’s COVIDSafe Operating Plan. It will also assist FCRM staff at Howman’s Gap and emergency services with the thoroughfare of people to the resort in the case that residents are leaving the resort for one of the four reasons outlined by the Victorian government.
- Resort Entry Permits are still required for those that are remaining within the resort
- General resort entry or season passes can no longer be purchased
- No visitors will be allowed to enter the resort at the resort Howman’s Gap ticket box. This site will be staffed and will remain open to monitor those entering the resort
- Vehicle snow chain regulations are still applicable and will be enforced
- Trades are only to enter the resort for emergency works only. Entry must be approved by FCRM before engaging the trade for work.
- Freight operations will be reduced (timing TBC)
- Garbage collection operations reduced to 3 days per week
- Snow clearing will still occur at a reduced service level
Dogs in resort
- Summer regulations will be put in place with the exception of white roads
- If white roads, dogs must be on leads in the village at all times
- No dogs are allowed in the ski area
- XC trail grooming is closed for the remainder of the season
- You may exercise with those who normally live in your household or with one other person outside your household
- If you are exercising or undertaking a physical activity where you are out of breath or puffing, you do not need to wear a face covering. You must carry a face covering with you and wear it before and after you exercise
- Residents wishing to exercise must remain within the boundary of the resort at all times. The Alpine National Park is closed. Please see the Falls Creek boundary map for further details.
- Will remain open, providing services to residents and staff
- QT public shelter and toilets will remain open
- Windy corner shelter is closed, toilets to remain open
- Gateway public shelter and toilets closed
- Observation deck toilets closed
The FCRM office will remain open during the next 6 weeks, as per the government direction, those that can work from home will work from home. If you need to come into the Visitor Information Centre for any reason please call ahead and book a time on 03 5758 1200.
If you have any further queries please call 03 5758 1200 or email [email protected].