The Victorian Government has announced new isolation and testing requirements for COVID-19 cases and contacts as recommended by National Cabinet yesterday, with new pandemic orders taking effect from 11:59pm on Thursday 30 December 2021.
The orders are an extension of Victoria’s current settings with a close contact defined as:
- someone who lives with a confirmed COVID-19 case, or
- someone who has spent four or more hours with them in a house, care facility or accommodation.
Under the new orders Victorians who test positive to COVID-19 must isolate for seven days from the date of their test. This is reduced from ten days.
PCR tests in Victoria will now be available for anyone who has symptoms and anyone who has tested positive to a Rapid Antigen Test (RAT).
Please refer to the Checklist for COVID contacts for more information.
COVIDSafe settings still apply:
- face masks must be worn in all indoor settings (except in the home) by people aged eight and over
- customers and workers must check-in everywhere, every time
- review and update your COVIDSafe Plan regularly and always keep a copy onsite
- work from home if possible.
Improving indoor air quality can reduce the risk of COVID-19 transmission in the workplace.
If you have natural ventilation available:
- Open windows and leave doors open in hallways and corridors to increase outdoor airflow into the space.
- Place a fan away from openable windows or door to increase air circulation within a space.
If you have mechanical ventilation available:
- Maximise the amount of air being provided into the space by disabling any control systems that vary the amount of fresh air based on occupancy.
- Change the settings to increase the proportion of outdoor air.
- Install a higher-grade filter within the air handling unit.
All Victorians who are eligible for a booster are urged to book an appointment as soon as possible. You can get a COVID-19 booster dose from a GP or pharmacy, or a Victorian vaccination centre.
For more information, please go to coronavirus.vic.gov.au.