The following documents have been assembled to assist you in establishing a new business at Falls Creek Alpine Resort.
Economic Development Newsletters and resource specific emails are sent to Falls Creek businesses and stakeholders on a regular basis and as relevant information becomes available.
Listed below are the most recent Economic Development Newsletters;
To ensure you do not miss these newsletters please email [email protected] and ask to be added to the mailing list.
Please see below for current Resort Development Updates:
Alpine Business Support Package
Falls Creek Resort Management have received support from the Victorian State Government through the Alpine Business Support Package. The support received will be used to underwrite a portfolio of new initiatives, events, activations and experiences that will drive greater visitation, participation and overnight stays. Some exciting projects that form part of this include:
- Flower of the Alpine Sun (Iconic Lookout)
- Lakeside Development
- UCI Downhill (Mountain Biking)
- Jumps Park (Aerial Airbag Activities)
- Events & Activation Seed Funding Program
- Feastival (3 day Music, Arts, Comedy & Food Festival)
Lakeside Development Project
As part of Falls Creek Alpine Resort strategic planning initiatives, FCARMB developed a detailed Masterplan in 2016. This plan includes a specific focus area for the development of the Rocky Valley Lake foreshore for year-round usage. The objectives of the project are to:
- Increased visitation, expenditure and business and job opportunities;
- Increased product and activation to facilitate and attract ‘green season’ visitation;
- Increased carparking capacity at the Resort to facilitate events at the lake and resort visitation by providing extra parking during peak visitation periods;
- Improved education opportunities for visitors; and
- Enhance community recreational facilities and safety.
It is hoped that the project will include:
- Upgrade of the ANARE shed
- Provision of upgraded public toilets
- Upgrade building structure and external cladding
- Provision of high capacity wi-fi facilities for both public and commercial use
- Increase carparking capacity
- Develop all season car parking to allow for additional parking spaces.
- Provision of curbing and storm water to suit snow clearing operations
- Improve road access
- Upgrade road to all season use with green recycled asphalt
- Consider improvements/infrastructure integration for both mountain biking and cross country skiing in this area
- Improve foreshore safety
- Integration of key infrastructure projects including a jetty and boat ramp
- Provide shelter in place facilities
- Ensure space configuration for community use during bushfire emergencies
- Consider requirements for emergency services
FCARMB are also excited to announce that we are currently scoping the area to potentially develop an Australian Alpine Research Centre (AARC). If successful, it is hoped a world class educational and alpine research facility will be established in our wonderful resort.
Arts and Culture 5 year Strategy Review
Current Falls Creek Alpine Resort Management Board Policies that have been approved, pending community feedback. These policies will be available for viewing and comment for a 14 day period. To provide feedback please send your submission to [email protected]
This is the time that we need to look to one another for support. Please don’t be afraid to ask for help. Help can include calling a friend or checking in on a neighbour or seasonal staff who are away from families, who we know will be isolated. We live in a digital age, yet this often doesn't ease the burden of lockdown. Falls Creek is more than just an alpine resort, it’s a community of incredibly dedicated individuals who care.
Free confidential specialist mental health support is available to you on the mountain at Falls Creek. No referral needed.
We are very lucky to have access to Albury Wodonga Health (AWH) Rural Outreach Service, so please share Darren’s number with your friends, family and colleagues, and also don’t be afraid to give him a call yourself, or access the 24/7 Outreach Triage number.
Darren 0408 110 739 or AWH Mental Health Triage service 1300 104 211.
Business Victoria is also offering free wellbeing support for small business owners and employees, plus practical business advice and financial counselling. Free/seven days per week, phone 1300 375 330 or visit business.vic.gov.au/wellbeing.
Site Rent Relief:
- Site Rent Relief program 2021 – This is applicable for commercial head lessees for the period 28th July 2021 to 15 January 2022. This has now been extended from 15 January 2022 and will expire on 15 March 2022. Head lessees are encouraged to reach out to [email protected] if they are yet to receive notification directly.
Below is a list of government business support packages that Falls Creek stakeholders may be eligible for;
- Business Costs Assistance Program Grants & Top-Ups - The Victorian Government’s Business Costs Assistance Program provides grants to small and medium business impacted by public health restrictions. Top-up payments announced since 28 July 2021 are jointly funded by the Commonwealth and Victorian Governments.
- Commercial Tenancies Relief Scheme – Government has waived rental payments for tenants in government buildings etc, and has announced a relief scheme for commercial tenants and landlords (see here for more information:
- Liquor Licence Fees Waiver
- Payroll Tax Relief
- Commercial Landlord Hardship Fund 3 - The Commercial Landlord Hardship Fund 3 provides grants to eligible small landlords who experience hardship as a result of waiving rent for their tenant(s) between 28 July 2021 and 15 January 2022 under the Commercial Tenancy Relief Scheme
- Commenwealth COVID 19 Disaster Payment - Eligible workers, microbusinesses and sole traders across the state who lose work or income due to the lockdown may be eligible for the Commonwealth’s COVID-19 Disaster Payment.
Falls Creek Alpine Resort has updated information to assist your business or lodge to become COVID Safe. Please see the document in the link below:
- Statewide settings from 11.59pm Friday 22 April 2022
- Stakeholder information pack - 23 March 22
- How we work: Victoria | Coronavirus Victoria
- Case in the workplace | Coronavirus Victoria
FCARMB COVIDSafe Overview and Action Plan
Falls Creek Resort Management has developed the Falls Creek COVIDSafe Resort Overview (CRO) provides details of the documented preparations, procedures and policies that will enable the Falls Creek Alpine Resort Management Board (FCARMB) to safely conduct operations in accordance with the easing of restrictions. The CRO is designed to ensure that FCARMB staff, mountain stakeholders and the public feels confident that their health and safety is being protected.
Falls Creek's unique Village characteristics provide an ideal opportunity to create a vibrant atmosphere through structured street activation on an all seasons basis. Falls Creek Alpine Resort Management Board has established a structured Street Activation Policy that complements existing businesses in the Resort and offers an opportunity for a wider range of services/activities to create memorable experiences in Falls Creek's unique ski-in ski-out Village.
Falls Creek Resort Management works proactively for the health and well-being of Falls Creek residents and visitors. Falls Creek Resort Management contract the services of Indigo Shire Environmental Health Team to help prevent infectious disease and minimise public health risks throughout the Resort. Indigo Shire covers the following areas of responsibility:
Food Safety for Permanent Food Premises
Registering a new or existing food business, food safety requirements, food safety programs, supervisor requirements, food safety for residents and registration for events and festivals.
Public Health and Wellbeing Act and Regulations for Businesses – incorporating both Health Premises and Prescribed Accommodation
Public Health premises eg. Hairdressers, hotel and motel accommodation, staff accommodation, etc.
- Prescribed Accommodation Registration Form >
- Beauty Therapy Registration Form >
- Health Registration Application Form >
Tobacco Act Enforcement
Smoke-free dining, sale of tobacco, sales to minors, smoking in shopping centres, gaming and licensed venues and new tobacco laws.
Under the Liquor Control Reform Act 1998 (the Act), licensees are required to display certain signage (also referred to as posters or notices) around their licensed premises. Venues must ensure they have the most up-to-date signage by checking the keycode (located in the bottom left-hand corner of the sign) against the keycode listed on the website.
- Free Water Poster >
- RSA Principles Poster >
- Direct Line Poster >
- Red Poster >
- Purple Poster >
- Blue Poster >
- Green Poster >
Licensees can now accept the new Keypass in Digital iD from Australia Post as an acceptable form of identification under section 3 of the Liquor Control Reform Act 1998. Please note Falls Creek Post Office is not able to process Keypass Digital IDs at this time.