The following documents have been assembled to assist you in establishing a new business at Falls Creek Alpine Resort.
Economic Development Newsletters and resource specific emails are sent to Falls Creek businesses and stakeholders on a regular basis and as relevant information becomes available.
Listed below are the most recent Economic Development Newsletters;
To ensure you do not miss these newsletters please email [email protected] and ask to be added to the mailing list.
Below is a list of government business support packages that Falls Creek stakeholders may be eligible for;
- Business Support Fund – Round 1 - $10,000 (NB: This is linked to JobKeeper, so most businesses are likely to be ineligible)
- Business Support Fund expansion - $5,000 for employing businesses in regional LGAs (NB: Guidelines not published yet, so eligibility TBC). (See here for more info: https://www.business.vic.gov.au/support-for-your-business/grants-and-assistance/business-support-package/business-support-fund)
- Commercial tenancies relief scheme – Government has waived rental payments for tenants in government buildings etc, and has announced a relief scheme for commercial tenants and landlords (see here for more information: https://www.business.vic.gov.au/disputes-disasters-and-succession-planning/coronavirus-covid-19/commercial-tenancy-relief-scheme)
- Tourism Accommodation Program – up to $225/night up to a maximum of $1,125 per bookable accommodation offering for the period of the Stage 3 Stay at Home restrictions (9 July to 19 August). More info here: https://www.business.vic.gov.au/support-for-your-business/grants-and-assistance/business-support-package/regional-tourism-accommodation-support-program
- Business Advisory and Wellbeing Program - Details of this program will be available soon on the https://www.business.vic.gov.au/support-for-your-business/grants-and-assistance/business-support-package
- Night-time Economy Business Support Initiative – support for commercial tenants operating pubs, clubs and restaurant businesses that are experience rental payment hardship (see here for more info: https://www.business.vic.gov.au/support-for-your-business/grants-and-assistance/night-time-economy-business-support-initiative)
- Liquor licence fees waiver https://www.vcglr.vic.gov.au/news/2020-liquor-licensing-fees-refunds-and-waivers
- Payroll tax relief https://www.sro.vic.gov.au/payroll-tax/covid-19-payroll-tax-relief-claim-reimbursement
Falls Creek Alpine Resort has provided the below tools and documents to assist your business or lodge to become COVIDSafe.
Safety Plans - These forms are provided to help operators ensure their businesses are safe for workers under COVID restrictions.
Industry Operational Plans - are each businesses own customisation and plan of what they will need to do when guests or users arrive. The Victorian Industry Tourism Council (VTIC) have created a support hub to guide your planning and response to COVID19. Please visit the VTIC website for further details.
The Safety and Industry plans are two different – but inter-related documents (one feeds into the other). One relates to workers and sites, the other relates to guest experiences and how to ensure their safety when on site.
These links are provided to help you implement plans for your business. Save yourself time and access the great resources already available to help keep your business COVIDSafe. Please find some useful links below:
Industry Restriction Levels
Accommodation and food services guidance (webpage)
Art and recreation guidance (webpage)
Creating a COVIDSafe Workplace
Creating a COVIDSafe workplace (webpage)
Creating a COVIDSafe plan (webpage)
Cleaning & Hygiene Guidelines
These guidelines have been approved by the Department of Health & Human Services
Other Great Resources:
- COVIDSafe Resources - posters, stickers, decals specific to business type, as well as, COVIDSafe logos, icons and pictograms useful for making your own designs
- COVIDSafe app campaign resources - educational videos, posters & social media tiles
- DHHS Promotional material - educational posters, social media messages & tiles
- COVID19 Campaign Resources - other useful posters
- COVID19 Feeling Unwell Poster - details of Falls Creek testing clinic
FCARMB COVIDSafe Overview and Action Plan
Falls Creek Resort Management have developed the Falls Creek COVIDSafe Resort Overview (CRO) provides details of the documented preparations, procedures and policies that will enable the Falls Creek Alpine Resort Management Board (FCARMB) to safely conduct operations in accordance with the easing of restrictions. The CRO is designed to ensure that FCARMB staff, mountain stakeholders and the public feels confident that their health and safety is being protected.
Falls Creek's unique Village characteristics provide an ideal opportunity to create a vibrant atmosphere through structured street activation on an all seasons basis. Falls Creek Alpine Resort Management Board has established a structured Street Activation Policy that complements existing businesses in the Resort and offers an opportunity for a wider range of services/activities to create memorable experiences in Falls Creek's unique ski-in ski-out Village.
Falls Creek Resort Management works proactively for the health and well-being of Falls Creek residents and visitors. Falls Creek Resort Management contract the services of Indigo Shire Environmental Health Team to help prevent infectious disease and minimise public health risks throughout the Resort. Indigo Shire covers the following areas of responsibility:
Food Safety for Permanent Food Premises
Registering a new or existing food business, food safety requirements, food safety programs, supervisor requirements, food safety for residents and registration for events and festivals.
Public Health and Wellbeing Act and Regulations for Businesses – incorporating both Health Premises and Prescribed Accommodation
Public Health premises eg. Hairdressers, hotel and motel accommodation, staff accommodation, etc.
- Prescribed Accommodation Registration Form >
- Beauty Therapy Registration Form >
- Health Registration Application Form >
Tobacco Act Enforcement
Smoke-free dining, sale of tobacco, sales to minors, smoking in shopping centres, gaming and licensed venues and new tobacco laws.
Under the Liquor Control Reform Act 1998 (the Act), licensees are required to display certain signage (also referred to as posters or notices) around their licensed premises. Venues must ensure they have the most up-to-date signage by checking the keycode (located in the bottom left-hand corner of the sign) against the keycode listed on the website.
- Free Water Poster >
- RSA Principles Poster >
- Direct Line Poster >
- Red Poster >
- Purple Poster >
- Blue Poster >
- Green Poster >
Licensees can now accept the new Keypass in Digital iD from Australia Post as an acceptable form of identification under section 3 of the Liquor Control Reform Act 1998. Please note Falls Creek Post Office is not able to process Keypass Digital IDs at this time.